The Impact of AI, Blockchain, and other Frontier Technologies on Climate took place on October 11, 2023. The event was organized as part of the IEEE Technology Center for Climate webinar series Empowering The Green Tech Revolution: From Design to Deployment. Co-organised by the IEEE Technology Center for Climate (ITCC) and Reuters Events, the webinar looked at how frontier technologies such as AI, blockchain or immersive reality can contribute to tackling climate goals with disruptive solutions and, at the same time, have their own impact on climate.
- Jyotika Athavale, President-Elect 2023, IEEE Computer Society, Director RAS Architecture, Synopsys
- Shivam Kishore, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Babak Falsafi, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Michael Heiss, Siemens AG (Austria)
- Celine Caira, The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) (moderator)
Related Resources on Frontier Technologies
Survey on Frontier Technologies
The following questions were asked to participants in the Frontier Technologies webinar. The survey ran from October 11-18. Thank you to those who participated in the survey.
How optimistic are you about the potential of frontier technologies to address environmental challenges and promote sustainability? (221 answers)
How aware are you about the resource consumption of the frontier technologies your organization is currently using/is planning to use in the future? (220 answers)
Do you think that having well-defined metrics for carbon footprint of frontier technologies will impact your decision on their adoption? (220 answers)